Job Description for: Outcome 1 Lead
Function: Business Modernization, Lead Facilitator
Swisscontact, the lead applicant, is an independent Swiss non-profit organisation exclusively dedicated to international development. Its mission is to support inclusive economic, social, and ecological development to and effectively contribute towards sustainable and widespread prosperity in developing and emerging economies. Impact Foundation is a private sector development organisation from North Macedonia, that operates in the Western Balkans.
MKD SME Project Manager
2. Functions and responsibilities
Business Modernization, Lead Facilitator
The main function of the Business Modernization, Lead Facilitator will be the leading the work of outcome team in preparing the strategy and implementation of the outcome 1 interventions, including the preparation and continuous update of the strategy and interventions, as well as creating and maintaining partnerships with the respective private sector actors.
3. Main Tasks
As Business Modernization, Lead Facilitator main tasks include:
- Coordination and monitoring of the outcome 1 activities and the team
- Lead Outcome 1 team to design and implement interventions that improve the performance of business to become modernized
- Supporting businesses, with focus on small companies to engage in modernization
- Support companies to obtain business diagnostics services conducted by external consultants to identify and prioritise the entry points for modernization of the private sector that lead to increased productivity
- Leads the development and implementation of human resource (HR) strategies for the recipient companies regarding the upskilling, re-skilling or recruitment of employees to utilise modern technologies
- Works closely with market actors to tailor financial products for modernization of the private sector with embedded focus on HR development support:
- Leads the process of preparation of intervention concept notes, including business models to ensure sustainable outcomes.
- Deal making with selected partners and preparation of intervention plans, including budget,result chain and measurement plan
- Support partners in the implementation of interventions and continuous monitoring of sector interventions
- Leads internal assessments and facilitates expansions and consolidation of interventions, more particularly around services that ensure modernization of SMEs
- Mainstreaming of cross-cutting issues
Coordination and research
- Support the coordination of the activities and daily operational tasks
- Active participation in the project’s capacity building workshops
- Active review of the literature
- Active field investigation
- Provide necessary information to support the preparation of YPO and other relevant reports
Operational activities based on the Project Document and Yearly Plan of Operations
- Continuous mapping and assessment of market actors
- Preparation and update of the market strategy
- Ensure the design of Intervention concepts and business models
- Ensure assessment of the potential implementation partners
- Leads in the selection of the intervention implementation partners
- Leads in the dealmaking process and prepare the partnership agreement with the intervention implementation partners
- Maintain contacts with relevant actors/partners and establish new contacts
Cross-cutting issues and internal knowledge sharing and support
- Ensure mainstreaming of women in the sector interventions
- Ensure mainstreaming of minorities and marginalized groups in the sector interventions
- In close cooperation with the team members, provide inputs and contribute to the activities of other outcome and Social Inclusion
Monitoring and Results Measurement
- Prepare result chains and define measurable indicators for the sector interventions
- Regular review of results in accordance with the DCED standards
- Ensure continuous monitoring and reporting of results and provide inputs to the MRM manager
4. Other Tasks
As per the needs of the Swisscontact Macedonia, the facilitator might be assigned any other task.
5. Qualification and Experience
The individual must conform to the following qualifications and expertise:
- Advanced communication skills in both English and Macedonian (verbal and written)
- Ability and willingness to work in a team to deliver high-quality outputs within deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- Experience in roles and interrelationships among national and international organisations; national and local governments in the management, organisation development and implementation process.
- Proficiency in MS Office work and Internet use and project management tools.
- Knowledge and work experience in modernisation.
- Willingness and ability to travel within and outside Republic of North Macedonia
• Strategic Leadership
• Stakeholder Engagement
• Strategic Planning
• Inclusive Approach
• Partnership Management
• Project Management:
• Data-Driven Decision Making
• Ethical Conduct
Education + Experience
• Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a relevant field
• Master or higher degree in a relevant field (economics, management, business studies).
The deadline for applications is September 7th. The chosen candidate is expected to start on October 1st.
Please apply with your CV and letter of motivation at firstname.lastname@example.org