Swisscontact, the lead applicant, is an independent Swiss non-profit organisation exclusively dedicated to international development. Its mission is to support inclusive economic, social, and ecological development to and effectively contribute towards sustainable and widespread prosperity in developing and emerging economies. Impact Foundation is a private sector development organisation from North Macedonia, that operates in the Western Balkans.
- Assists the Team Leader in formulating planning, monitoring and reporting documents (YPO, semi-annual and annual reports, etc).
- Works alongside the Team Leader in planning interventions and activities, implementation and monitoring and result measurement of the project, according to the strategic direction of the project and the Inclusive Market Development approach, focusing on sustainable results and guaranteeing mainstreaming of gender, governance and minorities.
- Assists and, when instructed by Team Leader, takes lead in preparation and reporting of strategic meetings with the donor, Strategic Review Panel and Steering Committee.
- Revision and approval of ToR for service providers and partners.
- Develops and manages the selection process for implementing partners (experts, service providers/co-facilitators).
- Advises the Team Leader and the implementation team on the profiles of market actors, their incentives for engaging in modernization of SMEs;
- Develops trustful relationships with SMEs and the organizations that represents them.
- Maintains professional relationships with North Macedonian government institutions and other important actors for SME modernization.
- Ensures that the project team maintains healthy working relationships with project partners.
- Represent the project in meetings with SDC, MTI or other relevant North Macedonian government institutions, with municipalities, with other donors and projects, partners, beneficiaries and the media.
- Represent the project and contributes to Swisscontact meetings and in virtual seminars on project-related topics, etc.
- Communicates and network with all stakeholders
- Knowledge from several areas must be acquired and maintained without previous reference. Professionally discharge other tasks assigned by the project management.
- Be proactive in bringing innovation and taking new initiatives in the project in coordination with project management.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Qualification and Experience
The individual must conform to the following qualifications and expertise:
- Advanced communication skills in both English and Macedonian (verbal and written)
- Ability and willingness to work in a team to deliver high-quality outputs within deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- Experience in roles and interrelationships among national and international organisations; national and local governments in the management, organisation development and implementation process.
- Proficiency in MS Office work and Internet use and project management tools.
- Knowledge and work experience in modernisation.
- Willingness and ability to travel within and outside Republic of North Macedonia
- Innovative development of the management system by the development of new products that can be replicated in other sectors.
- Contribution to knowledge management.
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgement.
- Self-development, initiative-taking.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity.
- Managing conflict and difficult situations, measured personality.
- Informed and transparent decision-making.
- Analytical Skills, including Presentation of Analyses for Decision-Making and Knowledge Sharing.
- Client-oriented, internally, and externally
- Political, cultural and gender sensitivity
Working Conditions and Environment
- This will be applicable in accordance with the Swisscontact Staff Manual.
Education + Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in relevant field (development cooperation and/or designing and administering national and/or regional private sector development programmes) including three years of management experience.
- Master or higher degree in a relevant field (economics, management, business studies).
Swisscontact offers appealing working conditions in a diverse and global environment. Our organizational culture fosters collaboration, trust, and respect, promoting agile teamwork. As a prominent partner organization, we specialize in implementing international development projects. Established in 1959 and governed by Swiss law, we operate as an independent non-profit organization with no political or religious affiliations.
Impact Foundation, established in 2019 in North Macedonia, is dedicated to fostering inclusive economic development. We achieve this by strengthening new and small businesses through innovative approaches and strategic partnerships.
The deadline for applications is June 5th.